Monday, October 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home...in Mexico?

It is hard to believe that I have been all settled into my apartment in Monterrey for a week already!  I am living with 3 other girls...their names are Jenn, Jennifer, and Jenna.  I know, it gets confusing sometimes!  Thankfully, each one is so different, but equally great. :) I arrived last Saturday tired, anxious, and excited.  It started with an early morning of traveling from San Miguel, and while I talked to Tim quickly before I boarded the plane, it was weird to think that I was flying "home."  But my home would be in Mexico & not Ohio!  I didn't have to worry about crazy,big centipedes coming out from under my stove OR scorpion's in Tallmade,Ohio.  

Anyway, my good friend Courtney picked me up at the airport, and once again I was comforted by her smiles.  As I walked up the stairs to my new apartment I was nervous about what God had in store for me, meeting my roommates, and trying to get everything unpacked & put together with such a busy week ahead of me.  My roommates were GREAT and greeted me with flowers, cards, and a nice clean room.  It was such a relief when I had arrived!      
A quick look @ our kitchen
Courtney helped me decorate my room & made it feel like home! 

Made sure I hung lots of pictures in my room to remind me of home.  Look at the awesome flowers my roommates got! 
Me, Jenn, Amy, & Jenna after church.  Missing my roommate Jennifer.  Have I mentioned how much I love the mountains here?  Everyday I am amazed by them

I just wanted to give you all a quick glimpse of my home!! I was welcomed this week with a lot of preparations for the medical team.  They arrived on Thursday the 4th & it was great to have them. Although it was crazy, I loved EVERY moment!  I will be posting about it soon!  

1 comment:

  1. hey chrissy! great to see pictures! sounds like you're doing well, i wanna hear more!
    blessings
    laurie

    ReplyDelete